A delicious and filling dish from the Lombardy region, this rice recipe is perfect for both kids and adults.
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 3 cup vegetable stock (liquid)
- 1/3 butternut pumpkin diced
- 1/2 sweet potato large diced
- 2 carrot peeled diced
- 1 red capsicum deseeded diced
- 1 pinch pepper *to taste
- 1 pinch parsley *to taste
- Place Arborio rice into a deep pan on high heat.
- Stir for a few minutes, then add a cup of vegetable stock.
- Add pumpkin to mixture and as liquid reduces, add more stock.
- Place sweet potato and carrot into pan.
- Once pumpkin is soft, use a fork to mash and combine with the liquid.
- Add a generous amount of ground pepper and parsley.
- Add red capsicum and fresh parsley.
- As mixture begins to thicken turn down to medium heat and ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.