This is a staple partner of pasta dishes in my household. My kids and I love these savory slices of bread, and they’re very easy to make.
Image credit: judywitts
- slices of crusty Italian bread
- 5 cloves of garlic, cut in halves and pressed
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- table salt
- Toast the slices of bread until golden brown. Turn over and repeat.
- Remove the bread from the pan. Immediately, and while still hot, rub the pressed garlic halves gently on the bread. Be careful not to crush the bread.
- Then, drizzle the bread with olive oil and sprinkle each slice with a pinch of salt.
- Serve while they’re still hot.